Kiwi Tales

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I Flew!


Yay for the first time in a year I had a proper flying lesson today! I was nervous, that's for sure, and pretty rusty and had forgotten some things but it actually went better than I thought it would. For most of it I had fun too- until we came to finals and the landing! Then I got stressed- that runway comes up pretty fast! However I enjoyed the rest of it, including trying to get the plane to stall (all part of the training) and flying through some turbulence. The instructor also took control and flew us behind the Island off our coast- we got to fly below the level of the summit just out to sea, so I got a great view of the cliffs and the bush.
Andrew goes for his second trial flight in the helicopter tomorrow- and guess who gets to pay for it! That young man has got to get a proper job fast!

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a bit of stress and a lot of fun!
    So, you passed on your passion for flying to your son? Aren't helicopters more difficult than planes?

    By Blogger Tati, at 8:21 pm  

  • Yes I think helicopters might be more difficult, Andrew found his lesson quite hard, but he really enjoyed it. I hated paying the cost- it's twice as much as flying little planes and that's dear enough! I made him cook me dinner last night after I'd been so nice. He better pay me back real soon!

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 9:43 pm  

  • Maybe he should make you dinner the rest of the week - that might be a nice way to make amends ;-)

    By Blogger Tati, at 7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home