Kiwi Tales

Friday, December 09, 2005

Back again!

Back again. I had a good break down in Christchurch staying with Phil and Magenta. Didn't do a lot, as I am still pretty sore, but it was a good to be there. Phil helped me look for a car, and I did buy one, the insurance payout finally came through the day before I was due to come back, so in the end I drove the car from Christchurch to Picton and then got the ferry back to Wellington and then drove home. I had to stop every hour or so to get out and stretch as it got sore sitting for that long. The car is a 1996 Toyota Corolla auto, done only 42 000 kms. The price was reasonable, shame it's an auto, I would have preferred a manual.
One of the days I was down there, Phil and Magenta took me to Akaroa, about 80 minutes drive from Christchurch, it's a lovely little town with a French flavour and lots of lovely colonial cottages set around a harbour. The weather was lovely too that day. We had lunch in a cafe.

Back to work Monday. I got too used to being off work, it will be a bit hard to go back to work!

I still can't upload photos, even with the popup blocker turned off, any other ideas as to what might be wrong?

1 Comments:

  • *scratches head*
    Will have a think about this picture issue and get back to you.

    By Blogger Tati, at 8:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home