Kiwi Tales

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Quick update


Tim, Sarah and Yana came to visit last weekend, she's 19 moths old now and very cute. Ginger hair, blue eyes, full on active and mostly happy nature- just like her dad!

The seat has been finished and placed outside the rest home where mum was, it will make a lovely place for the residents to sit and watch the sea without having to cross the road. It's known as the "Molly seat" after mum's name.

Andrew has sold his motorbike. I couldn't resist sitting on it before it went and getting Andrew to take a photo of me! And no, I don't know how to ride a motorbike!

Busy at work- I've finished the contract proposal and now am working on a Quality assurance manual. Up to page 30 at the moment and maybe half way through!
I'm still having health niggles- left ear has gone a bit deaf and I have tinnitus in it, blood pressure needs regulating, and I have an injured right shoulder that has now frozen. I did that climbing up on the wing of a small plane to do a preflight.... But apart from that I'm very thankful that everything else seems OK at the moment!

I had a lovley day today- because of my shoulder I can't do any formal lessons, but I did hire the 4 seater plane and with a friend from work we got one of the instructors to take us for a scenic flight. Absolutely great! We flew over to the Hutt valley which is about 1 hrs drive (about 15 mins flight) and we flew over Tim and Sarah's house. Then we came back up, flying along the hills and ridges, flew over my bosses house, then did a landing at a little grass strip in the countryside to say Hi to someone that Josef (the instructor) knew. Then we flew back to the airfield. I did get to do some of the flying myself- yay- first time I've had my hands on the controls for maybe 16 months. I had to do it with one hand though, Josef did the bits I couldn't reach. Really good, and Joy, my friend from work, enjoyed it too. Then we went to the Kapiti club for lunch then back to Joy's for a coffee. Great day!!

3 Comments:

  • The airplane trip sounds lovely!! I would love to do that one day. I am glad that you are doing well and happy to read from you again. I am praying and thinking about your health.

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 12:15 am  

  • Thank you Ruth! I'm glad that things are going OK with you and the new baby to be :-)

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 7:37 pm  

  • Sounds like a great day!

    Wonderful picture of you on the motorbike.

    I see you have been posting about as frequently as I have lately ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home