Kiwi Tales

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Weekend - yay!

SAturday 6 August 2005

Hey hey it's the weekend, and the weather today is glorious. I was wanting to go into Wellington and go walking and exploring, but we have the vet appointment in Otaki at 11am, which is 20 kms in the other direction, so I won't have enough time to do it today. And it's such a nice day for flying... if I had the money.

Last night I sewed up about 25 of the peggy squares that mum had knitted a long while ago and will send them to my brother as a cat blanket. (he wanted it). Then I have to decide whether I do more knitting on the baby jacket, or whether I start trying to knit some fingerless mittens for Phil.

60th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima. I hope such things NEVER happen again. I admire our country's non-nuclear stance and sincerely hope that if we have a change of government at next month's elections that they will honour that. Most NZers don't want anything to do with nuclear weapons or energy. We're a small country that could very much be at the will and whim of other larger countries, it's much safer for NZ to continue as we have been. We can offer moral support to the US and Australia and of course Britain, and help in practical ways- but not with troops for fighting. Well anyways, that's my opinion!

Enjoy the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home