Kiwi Tales

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The summer continues


The weather has been so good this summer, mostly sunny and warm, good beach weather- good flying weather LOL.
Yes, I had another flying lesson again today, still revising, but it's going better than I thought it would. This instructor today had me flying over the hills behind where we live, it was just so beautiful- I tried to take it all in- the hills, the bush, blue sky etc, but I was busy trying to fly the plane too LOL so missed seeing all I wanted to. This picture is of the island we flew around last week.
This is one of the valleys we flew through today- just behind where I live is a range of hills that are about 1500m (about 4-5000 feet) high but this is a lower valley not far from town.

These are the hills- they're very pretty, quite forbidding, and trampers are frequently caught out by weather changeds when tramping here- some lives are lost every year. Much better to fly over them!

1 Comments:

  • What a beautiful landscape! Everything one hears about New Zealand is breathtaking, really.

    I am soooo envious of your summer - our winter just doesn't want to go away and we have had ice and snow for what seems like months by now. Sigh.

    By Blogger Tati, at 7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home