Kiwi Tales

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another week

Another week has gone by!

I just had a visit from a Police Officer, he was taking a victim impact report in preparation for the court case of the lady who hit us when we had the car accident in November. It was questions on whether I had physically recovered, and whether I'd suffered financially or emotionally. She is only being charged with careless driving, as she didn't INTEND to cause us harm, so she will probably only be fined and get demerit points. The police officer said we were lucky to be alive, it could have been so much worse.

Had another flying lesson at the weekend, it was such a lovely day- more revision again - more stalling and practising climbing and descending. However I won't have any spare money for a while for more lessons so I will just have to be patient. I'm at the point now though where I am satisfied to know that I do have the basic flying skills and the instructors seem to think I'm not a lost cause lol!

The weather broke today, it's rained the whole day (a lot) and is likely to rain tomorrow again. Good for our water supply. The council has been using bore water but should now be able to switch back to our usual river water.

3 Comments:

  • You actually practise stalling the engine? Flying sounds just awesome!

    Sorry to hear that you've gotten rain, but it sounds like it's needed.

    By Blogger Tati, at 6:36 pm  

  • Yep, we still have the engine running but it's only idling (like a car engine not in gear) and you have the nose of the plane right up high until finally the plane doesn't want to fly any more, then the trick is to learn how to get the plane flying again!

    It's still been raining off and on - a lot!

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 9:05 pm  

  • "then the trick is to learn how to get the plane flying again!"

    ****shuddering at the thought*****

    But I think it's awesome that you learned how!

    By Blogger Tati, at 7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home