Kiwi Tales

Friday, March 09, 2007

Still Summer

Since the beginning of February we've had the most wonderful weather. In fact they've declared a drought where we are, although it's not too bad. It's autumn now and it's still sunny and warm most of the time. Daylight saving finishes not this weekend but next- sigh. I will so miss the longer evenings.
I've bought a digital camera and as soon as I figure out how to upload the photos to the computer I'll post some.
I went away last weekend, totally spur of the moment, it was wonderful. I flew down in a little plane (which by now you know I love doing!) to Blenheim and the guy on the plane organised the shuttle driver and the shuttle driver found me somewhere to stay so it all worked out beautifully :-)). I stayed in a bed and breakfast place. On the Sunday (the weather was sooo hot and sunny and fine) I walked everywhere (no buses there on a Sunday) and went to the Farmers Market, Brayshaw Pioneer Park, Riverside Railway, and Omaka Heritage Aviation Park. I'm sure you've heard of Peter Jackson the director, the museum is his brainchild and he owns most of the exhibited planes.
My job is keeping me busy, I'm writing a big contract for the boss, never done anything like that before!
Kathryn is still living with her new man and Tahi still has the girls.

1 Comments:

  • Nice to read from you again. Your trip sounds like it was wonderful. We are going to a B&B in April, but I wish it were somewhere warm like where you are!! There will still be snow on the ground, I think, when we go...

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home