Kiwi Tales

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

early morning wake ups!


Well yesterday morning I got an early morning wake up call- an earthquake at 5.32am. Just a little too early for my liking, it could have waited for an hour later surely! It sure woke me up and made the whole house rattle and shake, but nothing got broken or fell off. It was a 5 on the richter scale centred about 40 kms from here. NZ is a "shaky" country, and the city near where I live has a reputation as waiting for "the big one". I don't like earthquakes, you never know if once it starts whether it's going to get worse.

Then on Mother's Day morning, Andrew, who is working night shift, decided to text me then phone on my mobile at 2.30am- to ask for the address of a house for sale that had been emailed to him! Well I was well and truly awake by then, so I checked it out and let him know. Then 6am my cell phone rings again "Happy Mother's Day Mum" said Andrew! Well I guess it's the thought that counts aye!

1 Comments:

  • Oh - sorry to hear that but then again it's good that it wasn't a bigger one.

    Maybe you ought to turn your phone off at night - 2.30 a.m. - I would not have been very happy ;-)

    By Blogger Tati, at 5:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home