Kiwi Tales

Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day


I know, planes again! I went to the aero club yesterday because I knew this plane would be in town, and I know the pilot. Dan is the brother of Simon, who was my flying instructor. Last year Dan got a job in Queenstown flying for Actionflite as an aerobatic pilot, flying the Red Bull Pitts Special. He's been on a tour around the country, and was at my local airfield taking people up for flights.

No, I didn't go up- at $235 NZ it's beyond my pocket money! It's a fantastic plane, very fast and agile. It pulls +6g and -3g at it's most extreme.It was good to see Dan, he is loving his job.

Today (Monday) was my other day off (I worked Saturday) and Kathryn and I went over to see Yana. I'm having a bit of trouble uploading the photos from my pxt phone to my email, I have a feeling that my email is treating it as spam and deleting them before I can get to view the pics.
The pxt of the Red Bull plane I managed to get as I sent it to Andrew's email.

Sarah has given me a digital camera but it may not work properly as it had been dropped. It doesn't turn on and off properly and the zoom doesn't work very well. The battery has run out and there is no USB cord- but hey, you never know, maybe we can get it to work sometime!

1 Comments:

  • What a cool plane - looks very nostalgic.
    But, despite my not knowing the actual exchange rate, $325 NZ sounds like a lot.

    By Blogger Tati, at 5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home