Kiwi Tales

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I went backpacking..

Tuesday I went into town (about 70kms away) and met up with Andrew- we stayed in a twin room with ensuite at a backpackers just across the road from his work. I have a few days leave. Andrew slept during the day, and then when he went to work, I slept in the room during the night. Backpacking has changed since I did it last when the kids were a lot younger! We had an ensuite! We had sheets and duvets provided! There was a heater in the room! Wow, real luxury. The upper floor was entirely taken up by computers with free internet access, a large dining area, two TV rooms, the kitchen, video games, a pool table, and a really nice area with couches around a big fire. This is a picture of the backpackers- you can see why it was painted like that with the name Wildlife aye! I'm going to do it again some time, it was great to have a day away like that.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like such fun!
    Love the outside of the building :-)

    By Blogger Tati, at 5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home