Kiwi Tales

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Comings and Goings



Last Sunday was Yana's dedication at the Tim and Sarah's church- it's similar to infant baptism without the baptism! The parents promise to teach the child about Jesus. After the service we went to lunch at a nice restaurant with Sarah and Tim and Sarah's family. Here's Anahera holding Yana. Then Andrew and I went back to Tim and Sarah's house.






The weather has still been COLD! This time the centre of the North Island got hit by the snow. On one day this past week all major roads going through the North Island to Auckland were closed because of snow and ice. There was snow on the hills behind Waikanae but only down to about 700m. It was really cold though, and we had a lot of wind and rain, which meant we were quite busy this week at work. The cold weather has shown up major shortfalls in NZs electricity supplies - the system is only just keeping up with demand- if they cut water heating at night to many houses. I thought that was the case when Andrew had a shower the other night and there wasn't enough hot water left to wash the dishes!

I did manage to get out for a walk this afternoon- I haven't been able to walk very much lately because of the weather and the fact that it's dark soon after 5pm. Went to visit my mum and also saw Kathryn briefly at the mall. I went to the Aero Club too, the first time I've been there in several weeks, it was good to just catch up with people. The weather has meant no one has been able to fly much. I don't miss it as much now, but still hope to go for a flight sometime.

1 Comments:

  • Gosh it is weird seeing pictures of snow when all I've been doing is sweating ;-)

    Nice pictures!

    By Blogger Tati, at 6:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home