Kiwi Tales

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Where did my savings go??


Last weekend was Queens Birthday weekend here in New Zealand, so a long weekend. Saturday I had to be at the Toyota dealer bright and early so my car could have a service and it's warrant done- it cost $245!! That's very dear. They charged over $40NZ for 3.5L of oil- it would have been WAY cheaper for me to have supplied it! And when I picked my car up it had a horrible rattle and I had to take it back to them- they'd knocked the exhaust and it was banging against something. After that I went to the tyre place and had 4 new tyres put on. The ones that came with the car were too narrow and it made the car very unstable cornering in the wet. A friend of Kathryn's who works at the tyre place pu them on, it only cost $20, $50 per tyre, so that was a good price.

Saturday night I had the girls to stay, then I took them to Sunday school on Sunday morning which they enjoyed.

Monday Andrew and I went around the shops. I finally bought a couch, you can see Andrew trying it out in the shop- it will fit us both slouching on it lol. It's going to be in a blue fabric and will be delivered in about another week. I also had to buy an electric frypan, as mine blew up. Andrew bought an office chair, he was really pleased as it only cost $20, down from $90.

So that's where my savings went!

2 Comments:

  • Nice Couch!

    (How do you blow up an electric frying pan?)

    By Blogger Tati, at 4:24 pm  

  • Well, I guess the fry pan sort of died in an electrical way really lol! After years of hard use and abuse I guess it decided to rebel.

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home