Kiwi Tales

Monday, June 26, 2006

Well at least it's past the shortest day!

It's cold, it's winter! But never mind, in about 10 days I should begin to see a difference with the sunset time and there will be a little more light for me to go walking. I have managed to get out on 20-30 minute walks for the last 4 days at least.
Yesterday being Sunday meant I was out earlier in the afternoon when there was enough light- and look what I discovered- a mailbox on the back of a bike! That's a planter by the handlebars.




This photo of a rainbow is taken from my desk at work. The rainbow was a perfect arc with a faint double- and it stayed brilliant and glowing for about 20 minutes- absolutely beautiful! You can see the hills that are the "trademark" of our town too.

3 Comments:

  • What a funny bicycle!

    The rainbow photo is wonderful! Where you live looks gorgeous!

    By Blogger Tati, at 5:46 pm  

  • Love your blog. Just waiting to get to NZ!!! You have introduced me to a lovely little corner of NZ.

    Cheers Kevin, Toronto Canada

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 pm  

  • Thanks Kevin, lovely to hear from you!

    Hi Karen, yep, I'm rather fond of where I live LOL

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home