Kiwi Tales

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Busy Week

It's Sunday already...
What a week of work - three days I worked an hour extra, 3 nights I was on call, I didn't get home from my second job on Wednesday night until 11.45 pm, and I had to work 6 days. Today I'm tired- I wonder why?? Does it seem to anyone else that sometimes all you seem to do is work but then you still can't live off the extra money?? My power bill was $203 for the month- and there's only 2 of us at home. Does the computer really eat up that much power or was it the heater? I hardly ever use the dryer or the oven so I know it's not that.
Andrew and some of his mates went out drinking last night- I'm a typical mum, I'm never happy until I know he's home safe, which was 4am. He and his mate Murray were sensible tho, they got a taxi home almost to the door. (they only had $20 and had to get out when the meter got to that lol).
Today I went down to see mum at the rest home and showed her all the knitting I've done, and the next projects I want to do. Took her some daffodils as she never wants to go out now, and it was good to have a bit of spring in her room.
Then I went and had lunch with Kathryn and the girls. Kaya and Anahera were riding their bikes and trying out the roller blades. Next thing I did was go to the mall for vacuum cleaner bags and also I bought some feathers wool from the $2 shop - blue- I think I'll knit feathers scarves for my sister and mum's cousin who both live in England.
Then back to the Aero club. Quite a bit of activity today with the helicopters and GA planes. I spoke to one of the instructors briefly to say I realise now why the last lessons I'd had back in January were such shockers. They were trying to prepare me for going solo and I blew it completely, just went to pieces with the pressure.... hmmm... maybe I won't fly solo but I'm still going to fly from time to time.
Nearly time to go cook tea- and do more knitting- and maybe pull out my flight briefing notes. Another day off tomorrow yayy!

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home