Kiwi Tales

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Not ungrateful

I don't want to appear ungrateful to Tim and Sarah, but it feels like control of my life has gone again a bit. Sarah was saying things like, "well we live in a house and an area we don't really like, we won't have any spare money either" but I've been there done that, and I don't think they realise that. I've brought up 4 kids on my own for years, I've already had to sacrifice and live in a house that was less than satisfactory when they were young. I've already had my struggle, and to be asked to sacrifice and struggle again in a tiny house with no storage and a big increase in rent.... I don't really want to do it. Tima dn Sarah say it's only a start for them and maybe in 2-3 years they will be able to buy a bigger house. But who knows what the housing market may be like in the future. And to be in that house for 20 years??? I don't think I can do it.
I am grateful in principle with what they want to do for me but not the way they're doing it.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, what a difficult situation. It sounds like theya re trying to help you out, but maybe they don't see the whole picture. Is there any way that you guys could sit down and talk it over first? See what some other options may be? I am praying for God to work in this situation for you.

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 1:41 am  

  • Thanks Ruth, I appreciate the prayers!

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 5:46 pm  

  • Oh gosh - you sound completely unhappy with the prospect :-(

    Will cross fingers and toes that a good solution for all persons involved can be found.

    Sending a hug your way ;-)

    By Blogger Tati, at 6:49 pm  

  • Thanks for the hug Karen! Let you know what happens.

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home