Kiwi Tales

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday's here

And that's always a good thing after a 6 day working week! The weather hasn't improved any- it's grey dull and drizzly like it's been most of the time lately- but the forecast does have a change coming- rain!!!

I've been offered a job. Full time. Working for the lady I did the wages for last year. She'll match my hourly rate, although I would be getting less money- partly due to losing on call with the books which gives me extra- and partly because of extra petrol costs. It's a one way drive of around 22 kms compared to 6 kms now. It'll be a smaller team and I would miss the people I work with now (well most of them lol). However, it's a new challenge and I would be learning new things. I would basically be running the office. Kind of scarey- learning to do company taxes, accident compensation payments, GST, wages and conditions- and probably balancing the accounts- help! I am considering it, I have a week or two to make up my mind.

Andrew's in Christchurch for the weekend staying with Phil and Magenta, and spending up large I believe! He's buying snow gear and he reckons he wanted to get a snowboard- not sure how he'll bring that back on the plane!

Hope everyone's had a good weekend!

3 Comments:

  • Wow, what a difficult decision to make with the job. I would have a hard time making that decision. I hope the weather gets better for you guys, I don't like drizzly days!!

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 2:10 am  

  • Sounds like a great opportunity and learning new things on the job is always challenging. (Nothing worse than a boring job). Let's see how you decide!

    Spring must be coming to your corner, as it is getting cold (first frost) here.

    By Blogger Tati, at 6:59 pm  

  • Well, spring is here I guess, as can be seen by all the beautiful blossoms everywhere, but the weather is still very windy and cloudy and cool. There was snow again on the big hill behind Waikanae a couple of days ago.
    I told the lady that I will let her know tomorrow if I take the job.

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home