Kiwi Tales

Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday Monday

Monday and the weather was absolutely beautiful. It's the end of winter but it was more like late spring. 16 Centigrade, blue skies, no wind! I came home for lunch and sat with the ranchsliders open, it was a real battle to go back to work after lunch lol!

Yesterday I went down to the gliding club and saw a dual tow for the first time- pretty spectacular to see the tow plane towing up TWO gliders at the same time! Then I went over to the Aero club, I'd brought my briefing notes and checklists but being such a nice day theyw ere really busy, and I had to wait more than an hour for a plane to be free so I could go and sit in the cockpit and use my notes to go thru the checks. That was easier and I could remember more. Then one of the instructors came out and went thru the pre-flight check. I did pretty well, he only had to prompt me a few times and I was able to answer most of the questions he asked about why we were checking certain things. He also taught me some more things it would be prudent to be looking out for, like leaking brake fluid and checking the nose wheel.

I'd only been home for a few minutes when Kathryn came with the girls. She won an Ipod and was having trouble uploafing music to it,so Andrew helped her with that and then she left to get her nails done. I took the girls out for a bit, we went down to the beach near a stream and watched people whitebaiting. They went paddling in the stream so I had to take my shoes off as well. It wasn't too bad, I couldn't feel the cold after a few minutes as I couldn't feel my feet after that time it was that cold lol. They tried to look for whitebait, then we had fun playing in the sand and looking for shells and driftwood- they only got a little bit wet lol and Anahera managed to rescue her shoes before they floated TOO far down the stream!!
KAthryn got back about 6.30 and we had fish n chips for tea. I also finished the baby crew neck sweater the night before although my sewing up sucks and may have to redo it on one side. I had two balls of the pipkin wool left over so am doing another baby beanie.

Well must finish, I have 2 days worth of dishes (shock horror) to wash up!

1 Comments:

  • I am envious that you are experiencing spring as we are entering fall and our summer is drawing to a close... ;-)

    By Blogger Tati, at 8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home