Kiwi Tales

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Grandkids



Anahera and I went for a bushwalk this afternoon. She wanted to go for a bush walk to spend some time with just me, so I took her for a walk up Hemi Matenga, the scenic reserve on the hill behind my town. I got a nice photo of her sitting on a seat about half way up the hill. Nice pxt aye! For my photo she wanted me down by the stream, holding a leaf.... The walk took us almost an hour- a few months ago I managed to jog most of it and did it in 40 minutes. It goes through bush, full of native NZ trees and ferns, only at the end do you get a view over my town to the sea. It's not too steep, a lot of ups and downs and a few bridged streams.

This morning I paid for Tahi (her dad) and Kaya (her sister) to go for a flight. Matt, one of the new instructors from the Aero club flew us in a 4 seater Cessna 172. Tahi got to sit in the front and have a go at flying, and I got to sit in the back with Kaya. Remind me not to take Kaya flying again for a looong time lol! She didn't like it and it took quite a bit of distraction to keep her happy. I don't think she was airsick, but it was pretty noisy with the headphones on. Tahi had a lot of fun, it was not so fun for me. But that's OK, it was her first time. Sigh, I SO can't wait until I can afford to have lessons again. My lovely mum let me have the money for the flight today.

Two more bits of news- Tim and Sarah's baby is to be induced on Monday, and Phil and Magenta are officially engaged! Yay!

2 Comments:

  • Nature walks are fun - especially with kids. My nieces and nephews also like "exploring".

    So, you are going to get a new grandchild on Monday? Congrats!

    By Blogger Tati, at 7:41 pm  

  • Thanks Karen. We've just found out the Maternity Hospital is too busy tomorrow, so Sarah will be induced on Tuesday

    By Blogger kiwiruth, at 8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home