Kiwi Tales

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday

It's been quite busy today. There was no point in doing any housework with one teenager (son) asleep in the middle of the lounge floor and 2 others (his friends) in the sleepout. They'd gone out at midnight last night and came back just before 4am - so as you can guess, I didn't get much sleep!
I went down to Paraparaumu, about 12kms from here to the shopping mall, Coastlands. First of all I went to the wool shop and bought buttons for the baby cardy and another baby jersey I'd finished a month ago, and photocopied a pattern they had of a poncho- next winter's project I reckon. Then I went to the PostShop and registered my car, and hung around the shops until Kathryn had her lunch break. She's a senior hairdresser at Rodney Wayne Hairdressers. We looked at some clothes for me and I've put on layby a nice T shirt and 3/4 length denim pants. Kathryn will finish paying them off for my birthday next month. It's amazing how well we get on now. In the past she and I would fight- probably happens to a lot of daughters and their mums - but now she is a woman of 27 we are best of friends.

Then it was down to the Aero club (couldn't resist it!) and I've booked a flight for next weekend for Kaya, Tahi (and possibly me) to go flying. I may start ground school again to go back over things so I don't forget what I learned last year. Then when I get some money (whenevr that might be) I should be well prepared to catch up on the lessons. I'd got as far as circuit training but hadn't gone solo. My last 2 lessons I had were a disaster so I've lost a bit of confidence in my ability - but I Love it when someone else is doing the flying LOL.

After that I went down to see mum at the Rest Home. She was looking really good today- her short term memory is just the same but now we are used to it we hardly think anything of it. She sewed the buttons on to the cardy and jersey for me and I had to leave her some wool! If I hadn't she would have been upset lol! I know I'll have to buy some more for me. She is sure she will handle knitting the scarf for my brother in law Bernie but I know she will forget, so I'll knit one for him anyway. I've started a scarf using feathers wool for my mum's cousin in England, and when I've finished that I'll do my sister's one. All in all I had a good hour and a half with mum. Then it was back up to the Warehouse ( a bit like Walmart) and got a gift voucher fro a friend who is turning 50, and bought wrapping paper and a card for Tim and Sarah for when the baby is born.

Now I'm finally home. The washing is waiting for me to hang it out, the kitty litter tray needs cleaning, the floors need vacuuming and I must cook dinner!

Catch you later!

P.S. It's 5.40pm and teenage son is still on the floor on the mattress and one of the mates is still here, so the floor vacuuming might not get done just yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home