Kiwi Tales

Friday, October 14, 2005

Scarf



Well, I'm almost half way through the first of the three scarves I'm knitting for the rellies overseas for Christmas. This one is for Win, my mum's cousin. Win is 91 and in a rest home in England. Hopefully she'll like the colour, it's made with feathers wool. My sister's scarf will be the next one, I'll be doing it probably with black feathers wool. I do have blue, but I bought the wool from the $2 shop and I have a feeling the colours will run. Then My sister's husband's scarf is the last one, it'll be done in Naturally, which is NZ 8ply wool- dark green with burgundy flecks in it. I have to have them done by the second week of November, to catch the economy post mail for Christmas. Being half way round the earth means the mail closes early lol!

You can also see a pic of my little house which I rent. To the left you can just see the ranchsliders to the sleepout/garage. We've got 2 bedrooms and the rest of the house is open plan. Ok in size for Andrew and me but drives me nuts when his mates come round. I only have 2 armchairs and no couch so I get annoyed when they take the armchairs and I have to sit on a plastic garden chair. I get them off my armchairs pretty pronto but teenage males can be slow to respond sometimes lol.

It's been busy at work this week as Steph (the part timer ) has been on leave. Next week will be busier as Kelly (the other full timer)will be away. Last night our boss, who is a Rotarian, gave all of us tickets to one of the NZ premiers of the movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian". It's about a NZ man who rebuilt and designed an Indian motorbike and set some world speed records with it in Utah- at the age of 67! It's a grest movie and a real human interest story, not just about the motorbike at all. Kathryn came with me and we both really enjoyed it. Put a search in google for either Bert Munro or The Worlds Fastest Indian for more info, the overseas premier is January 2006.

3 Comments:

  • I love the scarf and I am not a 91 year old lady. LOL

    By Blogger Katy, at 2:05 am  

  • I'm going to see The World's Fastest Indian next week. It's got great reviews - let's hope it does well in the States!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 am  

  • I love the color of the scarf!

    By Blogger Tati, at 7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home