Kiwi Tales

Thursday, September 15, 2005

2 Days to elections

Thought I'd post a picture of my mum. This was taken when Andrew and I bought fishn chips and took it to her at the Rest Home. She's not able to go out anymore, so we knew she'd appreciate it. The Rest Home provided the table in the small lounge with a view over the sea, all the cutlery etc, tomato sauce and lemonade. It was really lovely. We ate our fishnchips and watched the sun set. Mum's doing pretty well fro 93 aye! Her short term memory is pretty shocking, but there's nothing wrong with her sense of humour and she knows who we are.

Just 2 days to the elections and it's still too close to call. I think I've decided who to vote for, and who to give my party vote to. Tim phoned this evening with instructions on how we're to vote (thanks Tim, we'll make up our own minds lol). We're going to watch the TV coverage on Saturday night, it will be interesting to see who the new government will be.

I have tomorrow off. I'm still trying to shake off my cold, it's sapped all my energy. I'd organised the day as a day's leave about a month ago, it's come at an opportune time so I can try and recover.

Saturday as well as election day is Sarah's baby shower. It's being held at her church over in the Hutt about an hour's drive away. Then I'll go back to their house for a bit. I haven't seen Tim and Sarah since the beginning of June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home