Kiwi Tales

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Catching up with family

My son Phil and his fiancee Magenta came to visit. They live in the South Island and it's the first time they've been here since February of last year.














I haven't seen him in 4 months myself. It was SUCH a short visit- they didn't arrive until 10pm Friday night and flew back 7pm Sunday. AND I had to work all day Saturday, be on call Saturday night and be on call Sunday! It was SOOO good to see him but sad that I wasn't able to switch my weekend work at all. The bosses didn't offer to have the books either. They only relented a little by letting me drop them off at 4 rather than 5 on the Sunday.

On the Saturday I let them borrow my car and they went to visit his brother who lives an hour away, so they were able to see baby Yana for the first time. And did I mention I couldn't go with them because I was WORKING?? I also had to look after the grandkids on the Saturday night as it was Tahi's 30th birthday and Kathryn and Tahi were having a huge party. I did get to go there first in the evening with Phil and Magenta and had hangi food there before we left with the girls. Phil and Magenta helped me look after them, as they wanted to spend time with the girls anyway. Sunday morning we took the girls to McDonalds for breakfast before dropping them back to Kathryn's. I was a little busy being on call and having to answer the pager and cellphone quite a lot. We had thunderstorms and rain so there were floods work had to go to.

Now Phil and Magenta are gone again and it will probably be 6 months at least until I see them again. Still it was SOOO good to see them- did I say that already?

1 Comments:

  • How wonderful! It's really too bad that you can't see them more often.
    And a great big rasberry to your boss for not giving you time off!

    By Blogger Tati, at 5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home