Kiwi Tales

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

sunny day

Well, we still didn't get to see the baby yesterday, it looks like it'll be next weekend now. Tim and Sarah had had a rough night with the baby being wakeful and wanted to catch up on sleep. It'll be a bit of a shame as it was the last chance that Kath and I would have been able to go over together to see all 3 of them. Tim starts back at work next Sunday, and Kathryn works every Saturday!

So instead yesterday Kath andI took the girls to a large adventure park in a town about 40 kms from here. It has several playgrounds, trampolines, confidence course, basketball court, bbqs etc. Also a littl train that they had a ride on. It was good fun!

Being on call Sunday and MOnday meant that Kath had to do the driving, it was quite busy and I was on the cell phone a lot! It was a relief to hand the cell phone and diary back to the boss last night. I did have today off to compensate.

The weather was lovely aagin today so I went down and saw my mum at the Rest Home and to my surprise she wanted to go out! For the first time in 6 months I was able to take her out- we just went to a park about 1/2km from the rest home and I bought fish and chips, her favourite. Then I took her for a short drive. She had a great time. Then I went for a half hour walk along the edge of the airport and along the street that runs parallel to the beach. Then came home and completely 'laxed out! I WILL do my housework sometime, honest lol!

1 Comments:

  • Caring for mothers and trying to see your grandchildren is waaaay more important than the housework.

    By Blogger Tati, at 10:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home